Travel and COVID
Hotel/Airline Information • COVID Policy
While attending the 2022 AILA Annual Conference, stay in the heart of Times Square at our headquarters hotel, the New York Marriott Marquis. You’ll be steps away from a Broadway show, numerous restaurants, and the 75th Anniversary Party.
We’ve also arranged for rooms at our overflow hotel, the Courtyard Marriott New York Manhattan/Midtown West. You’ll be a little removed from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, but don’t worry, it’s not that far away.
Please note shuttles will not be provided for overflow hotels.
SOLD OUT: Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South
(.5 miles from Javits Center)
312 W 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
AILA Room Rate: $259 King Bed only (Double Beds option is not available)
Hotel Cut-off Date: May 27, 2022
Cancellation Policy: Please cancel at least 48 hours prior to your arrival date to avoid paying one night’s room and tax.
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for AILA ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
Please click here to book your flights! You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1-800-328-1111, Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m.–7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMVJ7.
Discounts are applicable for travel on or between June 10, 2022, and June 23, 2022.
American Airlines & One World
American Airlines Group & Meeting Travel and One World are offering a discount to and from the New York City area. Discounts are applicable for travel on or between June 11, 2022, and June 20, 2022. The discount can be booked online at www.aa.com for AA/AE flights only, without a ticketing charge, allow at least one business hour for AA.com loading. Please use code A2662GB for up to 4% off published fares (excluding basic economy and non-discountable fares).
AILA members always receive up to 30% off their rental when they use AWD# B155118 to reserve vehicles with Avis. Plus, enjoy additional offers like dollars off, a complimentary upgrade, or a free weekend day. Reserve a vehicle now!
COVID Information, Policies, and Waiver
COVID-19 Health and Safety Information and Protocols
AILA is in the process of evaluating recent changes in COVID guidelines from the CDC and the New York City government and will make adjustments to protocols as needed. Please check regularly for the latest guidance.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and its variants (herein collectively referred to as “COVID-19”) exists in any public place where people are present. AILA will follow the applicable COVID-19 health and safety measures put into effect for the time of the conference by federal, state, and local public health and government officials
Attendance at the in-person conference is limited to all registered participants who have completed the registration process and signed this waiver as instructed.
Assumption of Risk and Agreement
By registering for and attending the conference, you voluntarily agree to the following:
- To assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- To accept primary responsibility for taking steps to protect yourself from contracting COVID-19.
- To follow all federal/state/local public health and government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety in effect at the time of the conference.
- To fully comply with any health, safety, and other policies instituted by AILA and the venue while attending the conference, including any modifications and/or enhancements of health and safety protocols.
- To properly wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose at all times as directed by AILA, including but not limited to in the conference spaces except while actively eating or drinking. N95, KN95, and disposable surgical masks are preferred.
- To provide proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 upon arrival at the conference, including proof of a booster vaccination within the time frame recommended by the US Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (currently 5 months after receiving the 2nd Pfizer vaccine, 6 months after receiving the 2nd Moderna vaccine, or 2 months after receiving the J&J vaccination). You should complete all vaccinations at least 2 weeks prior to the conference. Additional booster vaccinations may be required, and/or the time frame for vaccinations changed, with notice from AILA upon issuance of any updated recommendations by the CDC.
- Prior to the conference, if you test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms, to quarantine in your home and wear a mask around others for at least 5 days; and to not travel for 10 days from the date the symptoms started or the positive test was taken. A subsequent negative test is required before attending the conference.
- If required by AILA, to submit to a daily health check at the conference. This may include a COVID test.
- To pay for all costs and expenses if you contract COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 prior to or while at the conference, including but not limited to costs related to a mandatory or voluntary quarantine (hotel, food and beverage), medical care, transportation to and from a medical facility or hospital, and changes in travel plans.
- Hotel and conference services may be modified or curtailed at any time if necessary or appropriate to meet COVID-19 health and safety practices.
- If you do not abide by the terms and conditions of attendance in effect at the time of the conference (as determined in AILA’s sole discretion), you will not be permitted to enter the conference and participate in person, or (if the conference has started) you will be refused further admission; and your registration will be transferred to the webcast option.
- AILA reserves the right to cancel your conference registration at any time and for any reason, and provide you with the applicable refund, in its sole discretion. If cancellation is for your failure to abide by the terms and conditions of attendance, you will receive no refund.
- Under no circumstances shall AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors be liable to you (or anyone claiming through you) for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death), arising in any manner from COVID-19 or otherwise arising from your travel to/from, attendance at, or participation in, the conference.
- AILA has no responsibility for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death) arising in any manner from an event organized by an AILA chapter, affiliate, or other person or entity occurring prior to, during, or after the conference. You assume all risks from attendance at such events.
- You agree that this Liability Waiver & Release of Claims does not supersede or limit any applicable law limiting or barring the liability of AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and/or contractors from any claims related to COVID-19.
All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before attending the conference, and show proof of full vaccination upon arrival. Anyone providing false information about their vaccination status may be barred from future conferences and/or referred to law enforcement. “Fully vaccinated” means 2 weeks after receiving a booster vaccination, unless CDC guidelines indicate that an insufficient period of time has passed since your initial vaccination so that you are ineligible for a booster. Should the CDC recommend additional boosters, you must receive those boosters if required by AILA.
The webcast option for participation in the conference will be available to those choosing not to attend in person, and those who cannot abide by the Assumption of Risk & Agreement terms above. Those participating by webcast are responsible for providing their own computer and other equipment used to access the conference and to pay for connectivity. Webcast participants also assume the risk of computer and internet malfunctions and connection problems.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.